describe pic here

OU Homecoming Outfits

October 6, 2022

OU outfit guide for homecoming weekend

By Grace Brezine| Assistant Beat Editor

Homecoming weekend at Ohio University is one that many students look forward to. It is a two-day event that pushes people to their limits and one where individuals create lifelong memories with their friends. This annual weekend is special for Bobcats; they can show their OU pride and partake in an event altogether.

Because the weekend can seem to turn into one long day, it is important to wear something comfortable. Even without OU gear, there are still ways to show your love for this amazing university:

Green set
A matching set is probably the easiest option for a homecoming outfit. Whether you want to go the green route or a more neutral color, there are many options. This green set from Lucy in the Sky is stretchy, comfortable and the perfect OU green color.

You can also match a pair of plain sweatpants you already have with a top in the same color. It is simple yet unique, and you can go crazy on the accessories. It’s also a cheaper alternative to buying new OU gear.

Iron-on OU patch
If your outfit is too simple or you can’t find the right OU shirt or pants, you can always iron on a festive patch. It is cheaper and more efficient, and your outfit will be unique.

Etsy offers a plethora of OU patches and other accessories to add to any homecoming outfit. It is such an easy and budget-friendly idea. DIY is always the way to go.

Face stickers and gems
Other great accessories for any homecoming outfit are face stickers and green gems/glitter. You can find stickers at any bookstore on Court Street and Amazon or Walmart usually has stick-on gems and glitter.

You can wear the stickers on your cheekbone or put green glitter in your hair. Face gems look fun on the eyes and even in your hair for some extra OU pride.

OU sweatshirt from the bookstore
The bookstores on Court Street and the Athens Walmart offer some great Ohio University apparel for affordable prices. You can never go wrong with a big, comfy OU sweatshirt for this upcoming weekend. It is simple yet classic and will keep you warm early on Saturday morning.

AUTHOR: Grace Brezine
EDITOR: Emma Dollenmayer
COPY EDITOR: Aya Cathey
ILLUSTRATION: Lauren Adams
WEB DEVELOPMENT: Hunter Thiede