Best Rap and R&B Concerts

12/6/2018

Top 5 Rap and R&B Concerts of 2018

DJ Wilkins / For The Post

This has been a great year for rap and R&B artists. They have created music that has spoken to the masses. When artists like Beyonce and Jay-Z, Travis Scott, Miguel and more posted their tour dates, everyone was excited to experience the greatness in their music live. Here are the best rap and R&B concerts that had the fans raving on social media in 2018:

1. OTR II Tour

Beyoncé and Jay-Z stopped the world when they announced their tour. Jay-Z and Beyonce released albums in 2016 and 2017 expressing their love and how they overcame their hard times. People wanted to see the power couple perform live. The “Beyhive” couldn’t get enough of Beyonce, so when she announced she was going on tour with her husband, they couldn’t stop talking about it. While they were on tour, they dropped their album in the middle of a concert called Everything is Love, and people were obsessed.

"Diamonds up"@Oprah having a good time at JAY-Z and Beyoncé's #OTRII tour - Pasadena, CA. pic.twitter.com/A4PvqA4dpo

— JAY-Z Daily (@JAY_Z_Daily) September 24, 2018

You can tell Beyoncé and Jay-Z are really enjoying themselves on the #OTRII tour! We are getting to see them live out their best lives!

— 💋 (@MJFinesseLover) September 20, 2018

2. AstroWorld Tour

Travis Scott has taken the concert experience to another level with his AstroWorld Tour. He created a carnival where you could actually get on a rollercoaster while he performed his hits from his new album, AstroWorld. Scott gave the audience a chance to truly have fun and live in the moment. He also had really dope merchandise that you could get at the concert that everyone couldn’t stop talking about on social media.

Travis x Kylie, ASTROWORLD Rollercoaster pic.twitter.com/A8HQlzezUT

— TRVS (@vsvptrvss) November 29, 2018

REVIEW: @trvisXX has had the best live show in rap for years now, but the 'ASTROWORLD' tour completes his ascension to superstardom 🎡🎢🌵 https://t.co/kZNASHthpU pic.twitter.com/omkmB5YL6o

— Complex (@Complex) November 29, 2018

3. War & Leisure Tour

Miguel’s soulful album War & Leisure dropped December 2017. He shortly went on tour in 2018. Miguel’s angelic voice had the crowd going crazy and wanting more. He created such a cool atmosphere while he was on stage and had everyone in the building vibing out to his new hits on his album such as “Sky Walker” featuring Travis Scott and Pineapple Skies.

I GOT @Miguel WAR AND LEISURE TOUR TICKETS!!!😆😆😆 BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!!!!!

— JADA👑 (@Allfor_jayyy) December 26, 2017

Formation world tour, Mrs. Carter Show, and Miguel’s war and leisure tour https://t.co/L1AVFtOhDu

— DJ (@David_387x) October 17, 2018

4. TDE: Championship Tour

The Championship Tour included some of the biggest names in music industry which included Kendrick Lamar, SZA, ScHoolboy Q and Ab-Soul. The North American Tour was greatly appreciated from people who are passionate about the rap and R&B industry because one of today’s greats, Kendrick Lamar, headlined the show and gave people an experience that they couldn’t stop talking about.

TDE Championship Tour was lit. My voice is gone 😭

— Nnen (@Forever_Nnenna) June 16, 2018

So I went to the TDE championship tour and honestly it was so dope I had to sit down for a moment and just watch. Not dance or sing along....as I was taking it all in I had one thing come to mind....@LGCLTV ! Watching the tde come up from 08 to now and seeing my homies progress

— Samiicooks (@samiiCAlove) May 11, 2018

5. Aubrey & Three Migos Tour

Drake and The Migos have a huge following. This was a great pairing to do a world tour. The hits they have cultivated over their careers are wanting to be experienced live by their fans. Drake also brought out some of the music industry’s favorite people during the tour, like Lebron James, Travis Scott and Meek Mill. When Drake brought out Meek Mill at the concert after feuding for years, people couldn’t get enough.

Drake & Meek Mill officially end their beef, sharing the stage for 'Dreams and Nightmares' during the latest Boston leg of his Aubrey & the Three Migos. Check out the video of it below 🔥#vibenotts pic.twitter.com/Ek9bg3jS7j

— VIBE (@Vibe_notts) September 24, 2018

Drake & Migos kicked off their Aubrey and The Three Migos tour with a Ferrari floating over the crowd. pic.twitter.com/rnWFBagSaa

— Pop Crave (@PopCraveNet) August 16, 2018

Development by: Megan Knapp / Digital Production Editor

Special Projects

This story is part of a series of specially designed stories that represents some of the best journalism The Post has to offer. Check out the rest of the special projects here.