MEAGAN HALL

Back to School TV Binging

08.24.17

5 TV show episodes to watch before returning to OU

Georgia Davis / Culture Editor

Going back to school can be a stressful time. There are dorms to move into, friends to see and classes to prepare for. With all of the hustle and bustle, some people might need some down time. There is no better way to relax than to watch shows on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. Here are some of the best back to school TV episodes to watch and get ready for college.

Gilmore Girls: "The Lorelais' First Day at Yale" (2003) –

In the episode, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is moving into her dorm at Yale, and her mom Lorelai (Lauren Graham) enlists the help of the hunky diner owner Luke (Scott Patterson). Lorelai uses Luke’s truck to take a mattress back and forth to Yale. Yes, a mattress. The mattress went through more stress than Rory and Lorelai. The episode is full of many mother-daughter moments and plenty of humor.

Gossip Girl: "Pilot" (2007) –

When Serena (Blake Lively) returns to her private school in Manhattan, it triggers a lot of drama and online buzz through the Gossip Girl site. For those of us in college, it’s nice to watch shows about high school to reminisce about the good old days — or realize how much we love college.

Glee: "The New Rachel" (2012) –

When Rachel (Lea Michele) and her classmates left the glee club, she went off to New York City to the New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts. She starts off on the wrong foot when she enrages her dance teacher, played by Kate Hudson. That sparks one of the most epic dance battles in the show.

How to Get Away with Murder: "Pilot" (2014) –

With a show like How to Get Away With Murder, it’s best to start at the beginning. The show centers on five law students and their intimidating professor, Annalise Keating (Viola Davis). Hopefully no one has to go through what happens to those students, but the show is captivating. If you’ve never seen it before, the first episode will have you hooked.

Boy Meets World: "Ain't College Great?" (1998) -

If your childhood consisted of watching Saved by the Bell, Full House and Boy Meets World, then you know what quality shows they were. I’m only half joking. In this throwback episode, the characters of Boy Meets World head off to the same college to find their high school teacher Mr. Feeny is now a professor. They also go through some of the same things every college student suffers on their first day, which includes signing up for a tough class — then dropping it.

So sit back, relax and watch. You deserve some peace and quiet before the first day of classes.

Back

Development by: Taylor Johnston / Digital Production Editor

Special Projects

This story is part of a series of specially designed stories that represents some of the best journalism The Post has to offer. Check out the rest of the special projects here.