MEAGAN HALL

Anti-School Tunes

08.24.17

7 songs to listen to if you’re not ready to start classes

Georgia Davis / Culture Editor

The days leading up to your first class of the semester can be filled with anxiety, anticipation and dread. There are books to buy, pencils to sharpen and hills to walk up. But most people don’t want to deal with all of that. If you feel like rebelling against school, listen to these seven songs.

WB Playlist

Sam Güt | ILLUSTRATION

“I Don’t Want To Go To School” by the Naked Brothers BandThere is a good chance the last time you heard this song was in middle or high school, but it’s still a banger. The two brothers in the band are Nat and Alex Wolff, and they are both actors now. Nat Wolff has portrayed two John Green characters in the movie adaptations of The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns.

“Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)” by Pink FloydWhat if everyone on campus walked into class chanting “We don’t need no education?” Chances are the professors would point out you’re the one paying for it, so it might not be worth it. But, hey, it’s still an iconic song.

“Break the Rules” by Charli XCXThis catchy song from the artist who brought everyone “Boom Clap” will have you throwing papers in the air and skipping class. It’s OK to be a rebel — sometimes.

“F--- School” by The ReplacementsThe only words that are intelligible in this song are in the title — but that is really all that needs to be heard.

“It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” by R. E. M. The impending doom that is college is approaching. It can feel like the end of the world. It seems especially apocalyptic when you see all of your peers doing the zombie walk to early classes — or up Jeff Hill or Morton Hill.

“ABC” by The Jackson 5  — This song is a little more on the upbeat side. So if you’re looking for something to dance to and to boost your spirits, listen to this one.

“Be Chrool to Your Scuel” by Twisted Sister It seems the best way to stick it to the man is to spell almost everything wrong — as long as you do it in the name of rock ’n‘ roll.

Back

Development by: Taylor Johnston / Digital Production Editor