TAYLOR JOHNSTON

Where to Watch Sports

05.25.17

The best places in Athens to watch the big game

Spencer Holbrook / Asst. Sports Editor

Whether it’s an Ohio or an NFL game, Athens offers a variety of places where you can go to watch whatever game you want to — even if you left Peden Stadium at halftime.

Here are the best places to catch games in Athens.

Buffalo Wild Wings

Best Places to Watch Sports

Blake Nissen | FILE

Nate Wheeland, a Junior studying Political Science, rubs his eyes while watching the World Series Game 7 in Lucky’s. The Indians lost the 2016 World Series to the Cubs 4-3.

The original big-game hangout spot. Whether your team is in California or you're a fan of the local team, Buffalo Wild Wings has NFL Sunday Ticket, so you'll be able to watch any NFL game. Located at the top of Union Street and just across the street from Bromley Hall, the restaurant is easily accessible. Also, watching Thursday Night Football is always an option due to Buffalo Wild Wings’ “Boneless Wing Night.”

Red Brick Tavern

Red Brick is a small tavern on Court Street, but it can be a great time during sporting events. It is a “Browns bar,” so if you are a Browns fan, Red Brick is always an option to watch your team. Even if you aren't a Browns fan, the crowd in Red Brick tends to be younger, so finding friends while watching sports is easy.

Courtside Pizza

Located near the end of Court Street, Courtside Pizza allows customers to enjoy a slice of pizza and grab a booth in front of the massive TVs behind the bar. During halftime, you can step outside onto the patio and relax.

If there’s a game that takes place on a Wednesday, you’re in luck. Wednesday is “Slice Night,” and Courtside has 50-cent slices of cheese pizza.

Your dorm room

Don't feel like going out for the game? No worries. Just invite some friends over, order Avalanche Pizza, Wings Over Athens or DP Dough and relax while enjoying the game. You can't go wrong with just staying in.

Back to The Orientation Guide

Development by: Taylor Johnston / Digital Production Editor