All different astrological signs in the sky above a drawing of Cutler Hall on Ohio University's College Green. | Illustration by Katie Baneck

Homecoming Horoscope

October 6, 2021

Horoscope: Here’s how you should celebrate Homecoming weekend

By Hannah Campbell | For The Post

H omecoming Week is finally upon us, and the celebrations are just beginning. With this weekend bringing the community together, let’s celebrate what it means to be a Bobcat.

Whether it’s ringing in kegs and eggs at a house party or getting a morning pick-me-up at Donkey Coffee, here is where you should celebrate Homecoming weekend, based on your horoscope:

Aries (March 21- April 19): North End

The new moon moves into Libra this week on Wednesday, which could mean a chance for you to re-evaluate your love life. Take this newfound energy and channel it into that special someone you’re interested in.

Celebrate at North End! Aries are known for being social, and there’s no better place to do so than at one of the most social bars and restaurants. Start the celebration with a margarita pitcher that’s easily split between you and whoever that special someone is.

Taurus (April 20- May 20): Bagel Street Deli

Before you can celebrate, you must take this week to grind on work as the Libra sun is in conjunction with Mars starting early this week. Whether it’s just a discussion post or a full-blown midterm, make sure to finish your work so you can enjoy all the festivities.

Carb-load this weekend at Bagel Street. Not only is it a great treat after all of that hard work, but you also want to make sure you’re not celebrating too hard on an empty stomach.

Gemini (May 21-June 21): Donkey Coffee

Venus enters your romance sector on Thursday, perfect for some one-on-one encounters this weekend. Homecoming brings so many people together, so be open to the idea of meeting someone during this time.

This weekend can definitely be exhausting. Before you go out and celebrate, grab a coffee at Donkey with someone you’re interested in. It will wake you up and give you the opportunity to sit and get to know a new potential partner.

Cancer (June 22- July 22): Fluff Bakery

After the stress of midterms during Homecoming week, make sure to take some self-care time this week. It can be doing a face mask, meditation or even indulging in some Athens cuisine that helps you keep a balanced mindset before heading into the weekend.

During this needed time of self-care, take home a sweet treat from Fluff Bakery. With so many delicious options for fall, the difficulty will be picking just one treat to buy.

Leo (July 23- August 22): Big Mamma’s Burritos

Mars is in Libra during the middle of the week. This directly impacts your house of vehicles and transportation. Be careful parking on campus during this week’s festivities; you don’t want to end up getting a ticket!

Ring in Homecoming with Big Mamma’s Burritos. Not only will it fill you up and keep you energized for the busy weekend, but it’s also right next to the Athen’s parking garage.

Virgo (August 23- September 22): Red Brick

This week brings about concerns in your financial sector. Before going on a spending frenzy this weekend, reflect on your past financial decisions. You don’t have to break the bank to have a good time with friends.

With cheap drink deals , celebrating Homecoming doesn’t have to hurt your wallet. Try spending some time at Red Brick and see how you can still have fun and save money.

Libra (September 23- October 23): Lucky’s Sports Tavern

With Mercury still in retrograde this month, your own sign being in Libra means fun and adventure in your future. Enjoy this week as a break away from the stress of college, as we didn’t get to last year because of COVID-19. Just remember to not have too much fun and enjoy it responsibly if you’re of age.

Lucky’s may be an older favorite compared to other bars, but it’s still a fun place to spend Homecoming with friends and past alumni. Take a chance and try a new place. It might just become your new hangout spot.

Scorpio (October 24- November 21): Court Street Coffee

Mercury retrograde in Libra will hit your house of intuition hard this week, Scorpio. Take time for yourself before celebrating this weekend so you don’t get tired too quickly. The weekend can be a lot for some people, and this should be a positive experience for everyone involved.

Make sure to hit Court Street Coffee this week for a quick pick-me-up in-between activities. With all of the events such as the parade and the football game, you’re definitely going to need it.

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21): Stephen’s On Court

Saturday’s Sun-Mercury conjunction in Libra will reunite you to celebrate with past friends. Call up an old friend from class or even an alumni that may be coming up to campus to visit for the weekend. Homecoming is the best time to bring people together.

Stephen’s is where you’ll meet some fun alumni, while still managing to stay trendy with current college students. Grab a mimosa on Saturday and ring in the festivities with both old and new friends.

Capricorn (December 22- January 19): El Tenampa

With Mars in Libra starting on Wednesday, your house of risk-taking is directly impacted. Spend Homecoming trying a new bar, a new restaurant or just a new food choice on your favorite’s menu. While Homecoming is about tradition, the best part about it is that you can create new ones.

El Tenampa is the perfect way to try something new on Court Street this weekend. Full of delicious menu options, El Tenampa is a great place to start a new tradition with close friends while celebrating old ones.

Aquarius (January 20- February 18): Jackie O’s

Wednesday’s New Moon in Libra encourages you to set your intentions and manifest them throughout the week. Whatever they may be, bring this positive energy into the week’s celebration to truly experience the community and belonging that Homecoming can bring.

While you may be on-the-go this weekend, stop and sit down in Jackie O’s. It’s a community favorite, and it supports community partners, further encouraging this sense of togetherness. Homecoming is about spending time with the people in your community, and there is no better to do that than over a nice meal.

Pisces (February 19- March 20): The Pub

Venus enters your career zone on Thursday, which could mean making future connections to help your future. With past alumni coming down to celebrate, take the time to find one who you can look up to and speak with them on your goals and future plans. Bobcats always help Bobcats.

So many alumni come back and visit The Pub on their visit back to Athens. Come here and you’ll be sure to connect with someone you can relate to while sharing a drink and a laugh.

AUTHOR: Hannah Campbell
EDITOR: Madyson Lewellyn
COPY EDITOR: Anna Garnai
ILLUSTRATION: Katie Baneck
WEB DEVELOPMENT: Jack Hiltner